notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

Hed just be back there chuckling, probably

krstking2, há 9 anos

WINNIPEG -- Doug Browns skill and six-foot-eight frame have helped keep the Winnipeg Blue Bombers anchored for 11 seasons. Eric Dickerson Jersey. But the sudden death of friend and defensive line coach Richard Harris last summer made him realize it was time to call it quits. "When Richard passed last season I knew Id never play another season of professional football," Brown said as he officially announced his retirement Wednesday. "That was definitely a defining point, when we lost our coach, that I knew Id never suit up and play professional football again, just out of respect and my obligation to that great man." Harris, 63, died of a heart attack on July 26 after collapsing at Canad Inns Stadium. Browns announcement wasnt a surprise. He had said last fall that he believed 2011 was probably his final season. Expected or not, his departure still marks a major sea change for the Bombers. The 37-year-old Port Moody, B.C., native was an eight-time divisional all-star and the CFLs outstanding Canadian in 2001. Bombers general manager Joe Mack and head coach Paul LaPolice both said hell be missed. "Doug was always the consummate professional, extremely hard- working," said Mack. Brown started his pro career in the NFL before spending 11 seasons in Canada, all with Winnipeg. In those 11 seasons he missed a just 12 games. Brown leaves the team second on its all-time tackles list with 429 and is third on the all-time quarterback sack list with 52. "There was never a time when I ever questioned Dougs intensity or his willingness to try and make us a championship calibre team," said Mack. "Our only regret is we never got a chance to give Doug a Grey Cup sendoff." The Bombers lost to the B.C. Lions in last years CFL championship game. LaPolice said Brown has always been a game-changer and a dominant player. "He was one of the best interior defensive linemen in the league, no matter what his nationality," he said. CFL commissioner Mark Cohon offered a video tribute. "As a fan Im going to miss watching you battle it out in the trenches, plugging the holes, sacking quarterbacks and really rallying the great Bomber defence," he said. But as commissioner, he said he would miss what Brown represented as a champion of the CFL through his actions in the community and the media. Tributes also poured in via Twitter from fans and players alike. "The best DT in CFL history retires today," tweeted Don Oramasionwu of the Edmonton Eskimos. "Lucky to have learned from a legend I my first 3 years in the league." Brown said he will continue to write for the Winnipeg Free Press and work on radio station CJOB but he will also be making guest appearances on TSNs CFL panel. He said there has been some talk of a role with the Bombers as well. "Some people say Ill miss the locker-room but it always smelled really bad in there," he said, earning a laugh. "Its cliche to say youll miss your teammates and the people you play with . . . To me the biggest thing I miss is theres a big void right now in my life in terms of my attachment to this football team." He was asked what Harris might have said had he been in the room Wednesday. "Hed just be back there chuckling, probably coming up with some chant about It used to be one more year two years ago. . . He wouldnt need a microphone thats for sure" But then Brown corrected that. "Hed have a place up here at the front with these two gentlemen with the Winnipeg football club. . . This would have been something we would have done together, for sure." Clinton Portis Jersey.S. -- Kelsey Rocque remains the only unbeaten womens skip at the Canadian junior curling championships. Russ Grimm Jersey. So on Friday, they went to work. The two-time Eastern Conference runner-ups announced they had signed three free agents -- backup big man Lavoy Allen, swingman C.Like Sidney Crosby in 2006, Nathan MacKinnon will get a taste of Team Canada at the world championships at the age of 18. MacKinnon was one of three players added to Canadas worlds roster Sunday, along with Brayden Schenn and Matt Read of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Colorado Avalanche rookie and 2013 No. 1 pick had two goals and eight assists in his first career Stanley Cup playoff series. Crosby starred at his first world championships, putting up eight goals and eight assists in nine games in Latvia in 2006. David Perron of the Edmonton Oilers pulled ouut of the tournament with a hip injury. Andre Roberts Jersey Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice is with the team in Zurich for training camp and Canadas upcoming exhibition game. Hes the third ranked North American skater on NHL Central Scoutings list for next months draft. MacKinnon is set to arrive in Zurich on Monday with defenceman Erik Gudbranson. Schenn and Read are scheduled to be there Tuesday. Canada will travel to Minsk, Belarus, after playing one exhibition game. The IIHF world championship begins Friday, as Canada opens at Chizhovka Arena against France. wholesale jerseys  cheap jerseys  ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

Hublot announced its latest high-profile partnership and introduced Replica Watches its newest limited edition timepiece Breitling Replica on April 20, during New York’s Madison Avenue Watch Week. The new Hublot Fake Rolex Big Bang Sang Bleu is a totally redesigned version of the brand’s Big Bang Unico

volskygge, há 4 anos