notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

www.nationalsfanproshop.com

liny195, há 5 anos

ANAHEIM http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , Calif. (AP) — Mike Trout received a cortisone injection in his sore right wrist Monday, and the Los Angeles Angels are hopeful their superstar center fielder can return to their lineup on the weekend.The two-time AL MVP wasn’t in the Angels’ starting lineup for the fifth consecutive game when they opened a six-game homestand against Detroit.Manager Mike Scioscia said Trout won’t play in at least their next two games, including the Angels’ game on his birthday Tuesday. After a day off Thursday, the Angels are hopeful Trout will feel good enough to return Friday when they open a series against Oakland.“I think that all the tests he had point to just some inflammation, and that has to run its course, and his injection will help that to happen,” Scioscia said. “We anticipate him getting to baseball activities in a couple of days, and see how he feels for Friday.”Trout hasn’t played since Aug. 1, when he hurt his wrist during a feet-first slide into third base in Tampa Bay. He skipped the last four games of the Angels’ road trip, and he had an injection upon the team’s return to Orange County.Barring a major change Joe Blanton Jersey , Trout will be out for at least seven games. That will be the second-longest injury absence of his seven full big-league seasons, surpassed only by his 39-game absence last season after he tore a ligament in his left thumb in a headfirst slide.Scioscia doesn’t think the Angels are likely to retroactively place Trout on the disabled list, a move that would make him ineligible until Sunday.“I think if you can get Mike Trout to play from the seventh day instead of the 10th day, I think you’d want to,” Scioscia said. “So we’re just going to let it run its course, and when it’s 100 percent, he’ll play.”The injury will deprive Angels fans of what’s become an annual treat: Seeing Trout do incredible things on his birthday.Trout’s 27th birthday is Tuesday, and he has a history of throwing celebrations for himself: He has homered on his birthday four times in his first six full big-league seasons. He did it at the Big A last season, homering and also getting his 1,000th career hit on his 26th birthday. Sonny Gray was acquired by the New York Yankees at last year's non-waiver trade deadline to be a front-line starter for the postseason http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , but after struggling mightily this season, he has lost his spot in the rotation.New York general manager Brian Cashman told WFAN's Chris Carlin on Thursday that Gray will be moved to the bullpen, and recent acquisition Lance Lynn will join the rotation.Gray understood the decision, according to YES Network'sMeredith Marakovits: "I've struggled and they've given me ample opportunity to figure it out. I continued to grind ... I'm going to go to the pen and continue to try to figure it out."It was just a few years ago thatGray appeared to be the next great pitcher, as he was named to the American League All-Star team and finished third in AL Cy Young award voting in 2015, just his second full season in the majors. However, he has not been able to build on that early success.The right-hander had mixed results after being acquired in a midseason trade last year, going 4-7 with a 3.72 ERA in 11 starts. He allowed five runs in just 8.1 innings over two postseason starts as well.This year, though, has not featured many bright spots for Gray. The 28-year-old has managed an 8-8 record despite a 5.56 ERA and a 1.524 WHIP in 21 starts. His strikeouts per nine innings (8.6) are slightly up http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , but his walks per nine (4.0) and hits per nine (9.7) are among the worst of his career.New York hoped Gray could shake off the struggles eventually, and he even seemed to be getting on track in July allowing just two earned runs over his final three starts of the month. However, he was roughed up for seven runs in just 2.2 innings against the 33-75 Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday. To make matters worse, he was caughtsmilingwhile being booed off the field.He revealed to reporters after the game that smiling was his way of handling his frustration, via ESPN (around the 1:09 mark):And then there's his off-the-field controversy. Gray recently became one of a handful of players around the league to come under fire for racist tweets from the past. He wrote that off as an "inside joke" between him and a former teammate, and he has since deleted all of his tweets.The Yankees made starting pitching a priority at the deadline, trading for Lynn and J.A. Happ. Happ has since landed on the disabled list, but New York (68-38) is now turning to Lynn over Gray as it looks to catch the Boston Red Sox (75-34) in the AL East.

volskygge, há 4 anos