notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

s Konecny and Dant

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

Ahead of her professional mixed martial arts debut in 2007, Canadian Alexis Davis never could have imagined how far fighting would take her. Like many womens MMA pioneers, the Port Colborne, Ont. native didnt think she would get rich by slapping on a pair of four-ounce gloves. She simply wanted to test her skills against a tough opponent. Though her first outing saw her suffer a TKO loss to former Strikeforce champ and current UFC womens bantamweight Sarah Kaufman, Davis fell in love with the thrill of competition. She also knew she had what it took to be a champion. "I remember my first goal," Davis recalled recently. "I was like, Okay, I just want to get a belt. Then I got my first belt — I won a belt in amateur Muay Thai, I got my first jiu jitsu belt and I had my Raging Wolf (womens flyweight) belt. "Now the next step is to get that UFC belt." Following more than seven years competing against the best women fighters in the world — and amassing an impressive 16-5 record, which includes a 3-0 run since joining the UFC — Davis is now set to challenge UFC womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas July 5. As she prepares for the biggest fight of her life, Davis admitted she is still in awe of her journey to the spotlight. "Its been almost surreal for me," Davis said. "Obviously, I just started out like most people — I just kind of did it for fun. I never thought Id be living in California and be fighting for a UFC title. I just enjoyed it so much that I wanted to keep doing it. "Its crazy because Im a girl from a small town in Ontario, Canada and now I have all these huge opportunities. The world has kind of opened to me. I feel like Im almost in a dream world. Im just grateful for how far Ive come in life and the experiences Im able to have." Though Davis can fondly reminisce about her long road to the top, shes hardly standing around enjoying the view. Not only would a victory over Rousey mean bigger paydays, it would also allow her to join the ranks of Carlos Newton and Georges St-Pierre as the sole Canadian UFC champions. Davis said she aims to etch her name in the history books alongside the former welterweight titleholders. "(I was) the first Canadian woman to be signed with the UFC and now the first to fight for a title," Davis said. "The next step is to hopefully be the first one to bring that belt back home. "Times really flying. To have this opportunity in that short amount of time — and even to just be able to fight for a belt — it doesnt happen too often. I know the division is kind of small, but every single day its growing. Im just trying to live in the moment. This is my moment in time." Of course in order to get the job done, Davis has to become the first fighter to solve the riddle of Rousey. A 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist and undefeated in MMA, Rousey has looked as unbeatable as any champion on the UFC roster. Early in her career you could pretty much set your watch to her winning via first-round armbar. However, in her last trip to the octagon four months ago, Rousey displayed a new edge to her game by dispatching Sara McMann with a vicious knee to the liver. Davis admitted she isnt completely sure what to expect from Rousey, but said she is ready for wherever the fight may take her. "Rondas progressed as a fighter," Davis said. "Now, I have to deal with a different side of her, too. Shes been working a lot on her standup, which we saw in her last fight with her hands, her footwork and her knees. So Im not quite sure what kind of style were going to see Ronda come out with. You kind of have to be prepared for everything." Though Rousey has made a career of finishing top fighters in violent fashion, Davis presents a tough challenge. A black belt in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Jujutsu, she is arguably the most skilled grappler Rousey has ever faced. Her Muay Thai background was also on full display during her dissection of Liz Carmouche in November. Davis said Rousey has never fought an opponent quite like her. "I feel like Im the most well-rounded fighter shes ever had to deal with," Davis said. "Im comfortable on my feet and Im also comfortable on the ground. "Im pretty much dangerous no matter what. Every single fight my Muay Thai gets better — dangerous kicks, dangerous strikes — along with the ground, as well. She hasnt fought a fighter with as many qualifications as I have. Either way, I think Im going to give her more of a challenge than shes ever had to face before." Davis said she plans to stun the MMA world. "(Fans) should expect complete chaos," Davis said. "Ronda has that style that brings out the best in me, where shes constantly adding pressure and on the attack. Its going to be a very fast-paced, non-stop fight." Sam Shields Jersey . "Its time that you look at it," chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel said, setting the stage for a rigorous first day of cross-examination of Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympian charged with premeditated murder for shooting Reeva Steenkamp three times through a toilet door at his home. Sam Shields Packers Jersey . For now, Joe Girardi and the rest of the New York Yankees are just thankful they have the Japanese right-hander pitching like one of the best in baseball. http://www.authenticpackersteamshop.com/Andrew-Quarless-Packers-Jersey.J. -- The New York Giants are not only back in the playoff hunt with a four-game winning streak, theyre calling the plays that get them those wins. Tramon Williams Jersey . Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, Detroit third baseman Miguel Cabrera and Minnesota catcher Joe Mauer each were selected for the fifth time. Paul Hornung Packers Jersey . -- Whenever a Royals pitcher has issued a walk lately, the runner has usually scored.ST. CATHARINES, Ont. - IceDogs goaltender Brent Moran stopped 35 shots as Niagara topped Saginaw 4-2 in Ontario Hockey League action on Friday. Vince Dunn, Eric Ming, and Graham Knott each had a goal and an assist for the IceDogs (18-27-7), and Aaron Haydon added the other Niagara goal. Justin Sefton and Kristoff Kontos had goals for Saginaw (25-23-5), while Eric Locke picked up two assists. Spirit goalie Nikita Serebryajov made 31 saves in the loss. --- FRONTENACS 7 PETES 6 (SO) PETERBOROUGH, Ont. — Spencer Watson scored in regulation and again in a shootout to lift the visiting Frontenacs over the Petes. Henri Ikonen scored twice for Kingston (28-19-4), Sam Bennett had a goal and three assists, Corey Pawley had a goal and one assist, and Ryan Verbeek also scored. Watson picked up two assists as well. Nick Ritchie scored five goals and added one assist for the Petes (24-22-5), while Eric Cornel scored one and assisted on five more. Kingstons Matt Mahalak made 24 saves, while Peterboroughs Jason Da Silva stopped 44 shots in the loss. --- WHALERS 5 GREYHOUNDS 1 PLYMOUTH, Mich. — Ryan Hartman and Connor Chatham scored two goals apiece as the Whalers toppled Sault Ste. Marie. Cullen Mercer also scored for the Whalers (19-27-5). Sergey Tolchinsky replied for the West division-leading Greyhounds (35-14-5), who have now dropped three straight. Alex Nedeljkovic made 34 saves for the win. Sault Ste. Maries Brandon Halverson turned away 23 shots in defeat. --- STORM 7 BULLS 4 GUELPH, Ont. — Brock McGinn scored his 34th and 35th goals of the season to lift the Storm over Belleville. Matt Finn and Robby Fabbri each had a goal and two assists for Guelph (41-9-3), Kerby Rychel had a goal and an assist, and Zac Leslie and Stephen Pierog scored singles. Remie Elie had a goal and assist for the Bulls (14-33-4), and Jake Marchment, Michael Cramarossa, and Cameron Brace also scored. Justin Nichols made 27 saves for Guelph. Bellevilles Michael Giugovaz stoopped 23 shots in the loss.dddddddddddd --- GENERALS 3 RANGERS 2 KITCHENER, Ont. — Dylan Smoskowitz scored two goals and assisted on another as Oshawa edged Kitchener. Cole Cassels had the other goal for Oshawa (33-15-5). He also added one assist. Mason Kohn and Matia Marcantuoni supplied the offence for the Rangers (17-32-2). Kitcheners Matthew Greenfield stopped 26 shots while his Oshawa counterpart, Ken Appleby, picked up the victory with 30 saves. --- KNIGHTS 7 ATTACK 3 LONDON, Ont. — Bo Horvat and Chris Tierney each scored twice and added one assist apiece to lead the Knights over Owen Sound. Max Domi had a goal and two assists for London (35-11-5), who outshot Owen Sound 46-19. Gemel Smith and Tim Bender also scored. Kyle Platzer scored twice for Owen Sound (23-22-6), and Ethan Szypula had a goal and an assist. Attack goalie Jack Finn made 39 saves in the loss, while Londons Jake Patterson stopped 16 shots for the win. --- STEELHEADS 3 SPITFIRES 2 MISSISSAUGA, Ont. — The Mississauga Steelheads did all their scoring on the power play to end the Windsor Spitfires seven-game winning streak. Jared Walsh, Andrew Goldberg, and Brett Foy scored for the Steelheads (20-29-4), while Bryson Ciafrone assisted on all three goals. The Spitfires (32-18-2) got goals from Trevor Murphy and Sam Povorozniouk, who also added an assist. Mississaugas Spencer Martin made 27 saves for the win. Windsors Alex Fotinos stopped 24 of 27 shots. --- 67s 7 STING 2 OTTAWA — Ryan Van Stralen scored two goals, and Erik Bradford had a goal and three assists to lead the 67s over Sarnia. Travis Konecny and Dante Salituro had a goal and two assists apiece, Brendan Bell had one goal and one assist, and Jonathan Duchesne also scored for Ottawa (18-29-4). Hayden Hodgson and Brandon Lindberg recorded goals for the Sting (15-31-6). Ottawas Philippe Trudeau stopped 35 shots for the win, while Sarnias Taylor Dupuis turned aside 34 to pick up the loss. ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 5 anos

Los Seamaster tienen en su ADN la Replicas de Relojes evolución de los relojes de Omega tras pasar por la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Omega se vio obligada Rolex Replica a crear relojes muy precisos que, entre otras cosas, pudieran resistir los potentes campos magnéticos generados por los motores de los cazas, y especialmente de los Spitfire y los Harrier. Y de paso ser resistentes al agua. Imitaciones de Relojes Eso hizo que entre los cinco a?os que duró el conflicto armado Omega suministrara más de 110.000 unidades a la Royal Air Force británica