notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

differently to achieve a

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

Back in the agent business after a lengthy personal detour, Leigh Steinbergs first new football client is, naturally, a quarterback. Steinberg has signed SMU quarterback Garrett Gilbert, the son of former NFL quarterback Gale Gilbert. Steinberg was Gale Gilberts agent and also represents SMU coach June Jones. This is the first time Steinberg, the real-life inspiration for "Jerry Maguire," has represented the son of a former client. "Its the first signing of the new era," Steinberg said from New York, where hell host a big Super Bowl party on Saturday. "Its totally exciting to be back in the saddle again. I love it and next year well do a full draft. "The father went to my alma mater, so its especially rewarding," added Steinberg, who like Gale Gilbert attended California. "The genes count." A powerful agent since 1975, Steinberg had an all-star stable of clients that included many who would become NFL Hall of Famers, including Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Howie Long, Thurman Thomas, Derrick Thomas and Bruce Smith. Known for a squeaky clean image, he battled alcoholism and bankruptcy, and let his agent certification lapse. After getting sober and clearing bankruptcy, Steinberg was recertified by the NFL Players Association last fall and launched Steinberg Sports and Entertainment. The funding for his new agency didnt come through until November, so with most college players already having decided on an agent, he decided to focus on players who would enter the 2015 draft. Garrett Gilbert was an exception. Garrett Gilbert said his father and Jones didnt necessarily steer him toward signing with Steinberg but that he discussed it with both of them. "Obviously, hes a big name and really thats all I knew about him," the younger Gilbert said about Steinberg. "I knew that he formerly represented quite a few big-time draft picks as well as some of the top players in the NFL. One of the biggest determining factors was that everything seemed to fit perfectly in our discussions and for his plan for me going forward, as well as involving my family in that decision." Gilbert is currently working out in northern San Diego in preparation for SMUs pro day in Dallas on March 28. Steinberg said he generally uses Jones and Moon for input on potential quarterback clients. "June says that if you take the film from game six in his junior year to this year, hes played as well as any quarterback in the country," Steinberg. "He thinks that he has the makings of a franchise-type quarterback. At this point hes not currently rated in that group." Steinberg said Gilberts pro day can help his draft stock. "Garrett comes from good bloodlines," the agent said. "He has size but also running ability. Hes able to be multi-dimensional. He throws beautifully. The maturation point for many quarterbacks, it all comes together at the end of their junior and senior year." Gilbert was a highly touted recruit at Texas who was supposed to be Colt McCoys successor. But he struggled and transferred to SMU. He put up some big numbers last fall before getting hurt late in the season. Gilbert is projected as a lower-round pick. "Ive got friends telling me all sorts of things," he said. "All I can focus on is getting myself in the best shape possible as well as get ready for the pro day." Gale Gilbert was a backup quarterback with teams that went to five straight Super Bowls, losing all of them. The first four were with Buffalo and the final time was when the San Diego Chargers lost to the San Francisco 49ers, who got a record six TD passes from Young. The younger Gilbert is scheduled to join Steinberg in New York this weekend for Super Bowl festivities, so he can get a sense of what the NFLs about. "Im excited about him," Steinberg said. "This is the process. ... Wherever he ends up, I think he will end up starting in the NFL." Big on promoting charitable causes, Steinberg will host his 26th Super Bowl party Saturday in Manhattan. It will help generate awareness for the Lone Survivor Fund and include a live uplink to troops in Afghanistan. Darius Slay Jersey For Sale .m. Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Seattle Sounders FC hopes to rebound from a mid-week loss at D.C. United when it travels to Columbus for a Major League Soccer clash with the Crew on Saturday. Stephen Tulloch Jersey For Sale . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Martin St. Louis and Ryan Callahan swapping places. The Rangers Get: RW Martin St. http://www.shopjerseyslions.com/Elite-Calvin-Johnson-Youth-Jersey-Detroit-Lions-81-Road-White-Nike-NFL-13.html. Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood launched himself down the touchline pumping his fists after Gylfi Sigurdsson completed a fight back from 2-0 down at home to Southampton to win 3-2. The victory kept Tottenham in touch with the Champions League places, with the London club six points behind fourth-placed Arsenal. George Johnson Jersey . - Former NFL safety Darren Sharper pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he drugged and raped two women he met at a West Hollywood night club, while the emergence of a new accuser in Florida left him under investigation in five states. Joique Bell Elite Jersey . The story of the scoreless first period was Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward, as the Jets outshot the Hurricanes 13-6 and had a number of grade “A” scoring chances, the best off the stick of Bryan Little.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Kerry, I was watching the Leafs vs. Wild game Wednesday night and noticed that they had an official who was skating in his first NHL game. I thought it was great to see such a young man get to where he is now and display such hard work for his first game. Being an official myself who is looking to move up to do higher levels of hockey, what advice can you give me and other young officials who are looking to improve on their skills? I know an official like yourself has a lot of experience that can be shared to help officials clean up their game. Ryan Stark,London, ON Hi Ryan:It was once told to me that "from experience you attain judgment - from poor judgment you attain experience!" Those words of wisdom were told to me by then IHL Commissioner Bill Beagan in one of my very first games as referee when a bench-clearing brawl had erupted and lasted for 20 minutes. Everybody was fighting including the goalkeepers and even the trainers! I didnt have a clue how to handle the situation I found myself in for the very first time. When the dust settled all I assessed was fighting majors to four players. No first man off the bench, no third man in, no penalty to the goalies for leaving their crease; talk about a deer in the headlights moment. Fortunately Commissioner Beagan took me aside and in a fatherly way coached me as to how I needed to manage a situation like that when it happened in the future. I gained confidence through his coaching that night and through the "poor judgment" I had exercised on the ice. I made an immediate transition from playing to officiating in 1972 following my final season in the Southern Ontario Jr. "A" League as captain of the Sarnia Bees. I attended a five-day school for officials in late September of that year and was scouted and invited to attend the NHL Training Camp of Officials two days later. My knowledge of the game was gained as a player. I could skate well, understood the physicality of the game and the emotional levels that players and coaches feel. As a captain of most teams I played for I demonstrated respect for the Refs and some knowledge of the rules. Beyond that I knew nothing about being a referee. I was immediately thrust into the officiating ranks at the professional level and had to learn every aspect of the job; baptism under fire! I was forced to become a student of the game at a new and different level. Most importantly I very quickly recognized the need to learn more about myself. The job requires us as officials to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Each of us will bring certain strengthhs and weaknesses to the work place.dddddddddddd While we rely on our strengths it is important to recognize our deficiencies; especially any character flaws that we all develop over time. These flaws most often surface and rear their ugly head when we are under pressure. I call them negative reflex reactions to stress. As an example, while toughness and over the top, in-your-face aggressiveness might serve someone well as a player but it would become a major obstacle as a referee during a confrontation. The role of the referee is not just to enforce the rules through good judgment but also about managing the emotional element of the game; to bring the temperature down when necessary. To do this effectively every referee must first manage and control his own emotional level when his feet are put to the fire. Doing so will allow for better decision making, to take control of aggressive situations and to develop positive working relationships with players and coaches build through mutual respect. Recognize how you respond when your authority is questioned, as will often be the case. When you speak to a player or coach, listen to yourself. Be a communicator and dont always take yourself so seriously. One particular night in Madison Square Garden a very frustrated Willie Plett of the Minnesota North Stars asked me if it was my "worst game of the season?" I responded, "No, they are all about this bad." My non-aggressive response redirected Willies focus in a positive way. If you have a chip on your shoulder recognize it and then remove it. Obviously the mechanics of our profession must be learned and constantly refined; knowledge of the rules, positioning, judgment and standard of enforcement and physical conditioning to name a few. The best advice I can offer you Ryan is to always remain a student of the game and of yourself. This will enable you to continually grow as a respected official and as a person. The game that you love will benefit and so will those around you. Its impossible to separate the person you are from the job you do! To develop and maximize personal skills every officials ongoing post-game homework assignment should be honest self-reflection. Even if a game goes well, time should be spent alone with your thoughts as to anything that could have been done differently to achieve a better result through your performance. Accept that human mistakes will be made but learn from them. After every game I recognized there were things that I knew I should have done differently. I filed them in the memory banks under the to-do list. From experience I attained judgment - from poor judgment I attained experience. Congratulations to young Referee Trent Knorr who worked the Leafs-Wild in his first NHL game. ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

The BB FTC is powered by Replica rolex daytona in house HUB 1241 Unico movement, which is designed, developed, machined and assembled by the micro mechanical engineers, Omega Replica engineers and watchmakers at Hublot. The Unico stands as a testamentFake breitling watches, to Hublots determination to achieve manufacture status. As we will see,Replica Watch Hublot designs, develops and manufactures other components in this watch

volskygge, há 4 anos