notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

he slashed Buffalo Sabres tou

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

PHOENIX -- While waiting for his turn to hit, Paul Goldschmidt often can be found at the top rail of the dugout next to Arizona manager Kirk Gibson. The big first baseman watches the opposing pitcher, trying to pick up pitches, tendencies. That bit of extra knowledge tends to pay off nicely for the young slugger, particularly the past few weeks. Goldschmidt homered and drove in three runs while extending his hitting streak to 14 games, Wade Miley pitched eight sharp innings and the Diamondbacks rolled to a 6-1 win over the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday night. "Hes very studious and he tries to give himself a good opportunity, a good chance to succeed," Gibson said of Goldschmidt. "His swing is good." The Diamondbacks beat up the Rockies in the middle game of the series, getting a season-high 17 hits Tuesday night. They kept swinging and connecting in the finale, scoring five runs in the first three innings off Josh Outman (0-2) on their way to 11 more hits. The 24-year-old Goldschmidt did most of the damage, hitting a pair of run-scoring doubles off Outman and a leadoff homer to right in the seventh inning off Adam Ottavino for his seventh of the season. He finished 3 for 4 and is hitting .431 during his streak. That was more than enough for Miley (7-2), who had the Rockies guessing all night in the longest outing of his big league career. With the two convincing wins, the defending NL West champion Diamondbacks now have won four of five. Theyre still nine games back in the division race, but they made a big run about this time last season and could be on the verge of breaking out of their early funk. "Obviously, its nice to get a little momentum, but weve got to continue to play well," Goldschmidt said. "Weve had a few stretches where weve played well like we have these past two days, but as a whole we havent been able to put it together for an extended amount of time. If we can do that now, its a great couple of wins." The Rockies opened the series with a shutout victory behind a second straight strong start by one of their young pitchers. They left the desert with a whimper, outscored 16-1 the final two games while striking out 23 times. "One run in the last two days with a number of strikeouts, not forcing the defence having to field the ball, was not a good night for us offensively and defensively," Rockies manager Jim Tracy said. Miley had a lot to do with their struggles at the plate Wednesday night. The left-hander entered Wednesdays game leading all rookies with six wins, an ERA of 2.72 and a .238 batting average against. He also led all NL pitchers with a .429 average and had an eight-game hitting streak, longest by a pitcher in Diamondbacks history. Miley certainly was good on the mound, retiring his first 13 hitters before Jason Giambis double in the fifth inning. Wilin Rosario followed with an RBI single, but that only cut Arizonas lead to 5-1. Miley was lifted for a pinch hitter in the eighth inning after allowing a run and three hits, with five strikeouts and no walks. "He was outstanding," Gibson said. "He was really efficient. Same weve seen, he just went a little deeper today." Miley didnt get a hit, but didnt need one the way the Diamondbacks knocked Outman around. The left-hander opened the season in the bullpen, making his first eight appearances in relief before moving into the rotation after 49-year-old Jamie Moyer was released. He was effective in his first start, holding the Dodgers to two hits in 3 1-3 scoreless innings with five strikeouts before reaching his limited pitch count. Outmans second start also was short. It just didnt go quite as well. Goldschmidt extended his career-high hitting streak with an RBI double in the first inning. A.J. Pollock, called up before the game to replace new father Lyle Overbay, fouled off three pitches from Outman before lining a run-scoring single to right in the second. Goldschmidt had his second RBI double in the third inning, and Aaron Hill and John McDonald each knocked in runs with two more doubles to make it 5-0. And with that, Outman was out after three innings, allowing seven hits. "I didnt execute the game plan," Outman said. "When I got ahead I didnt keep the ball down. You name it, I pretty much did it wrong tonight." NOTES: The Diamondbacks selected Gibsons son, Cam, in the 38th round of the draft, but he will play baseball at Michigan State instead of joining his fathers organization. ... Rosarios run-scoring single in the fifth ended Colorados scoreless streak at 18 innings. ... The Diamondbacks have Thursday off before RHP Daniel Hudson pitches against Oakland LHP Tommy Milone on Friday night at Chase Field. ... The Rockies also have a day off before RHP Alex White faces Angels LHP C.J. Wilson at Coors Field on Friday. Alexander Mejia . Toews was drilled by Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik with 6:30 remaining in the second period on Sunday night. The two were going for a loose puck. Jackson Martinez Colombia Jersey .J. -- Thierry Henry and Lloyd Sam scored second-half goals to give the New York Red Bulls their first win of the season, 2-1 over the Philadelphia Union on Wednesday night. http://www.soccercolombiateamshop.com/carlos-carbonero-colombia-jersey/. Mata had already been dropped from Spains squad once this season and with the country blessed with so many playmakers, he was in real danger of being overlooked for the trip to Brazil to defend their title. David Ospina Colombia Jersey . Olivieri, at city hall to help kick off ticket sales for the Aug. 5-24 event to be held in four Canadian cities, said Wednesday that Canada has a new generation of talent on the rise that can make its name just as Sinclair did at the same event in 2002 in Edmonton. Jackson Martinez .Y. -- Marcos Ambrose should be on pins and needles but says hes not.MONTREAL -- Phil Kessel got his wish to make it a long stay with the Toronto Maple Leafs. What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. The deal has a salary cap hit of $8 million per season. It begins in 2014-15 and runs through the 2021-22 season. "Ill be on the hook for some team dinners here or there, but I dont mind," Kessel said at a news conference before Tuesday nights season opener at Montreal. "I always wanted to be (in Toronto). "This is the place I want to play. I want to finish my career here. Its a great city, the organizations unbelievable, and Im really excited to continue here." The contract includes a limited no-trade clause. Kessel has one season left on his previous deal at $5.4 million. General manager Dave Nonis said negotiations started last week when Kessel, who could have become an unrestricted free agent next July, told him he wanted to remain a Leaf. "There werent negotiations early in camp," said Nonis. "I wanted to hear him tell me he wanted to be a Toronto Maple Leaf and once he did, we were able to work quickly and reach an agreement." Kessel reportedly wanted either to sign a deal before the season or wait until the summer. The speedy right-winger had 20 goals and 52 points in 48 games last season. He has 379 points (185-194) in 504 regular-season games over seven seasons with Toronto and Boston. The six-foot, 202-pound native of Madison, Wis., has 21 points (13-8) in 22 career playoff games. He had four goals, including two game-winners, in Torontos seven-game, first-round playoff loss to the Bruins last season. "I think Phil made some great strides in that series," Nonis said. "He had a great year. Hes had several great years. Thats the one thing I think people overlook." Kessel also played for the United States at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. The two-time all-star, who will turn 26 on Wednesday, was drafted by the Bruins with the fifth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. He was dealt to Toronto four years ago for two first-round picks and a second-round selection. The Bruins used the picks to draft Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight. This summer, Seguin was sent to Dallas in a multi-player deal that sent Loui Eriksson to Boston.dddddddddddd The Kessel deal was widely seen as a coup for Boston, but Nonis said the Leafs have no regrets. "Were happy with Phil and weve always been happy with his production," he said. "You forget how young a player he was when he got here. "Hes got a lot of quality years ahead of him. Thats why we were very comfortable going to a eight-year term with him." Not one to enjoy the spotlight, Kessels quiet demeanour has sometimes been taken for aloofness, something Nonis vigorously denies. "The one knock that Phil had on him, that I think was totally unfair, is that he wasnt a great teammate," Nonis said. "Thats completely untrue. "Hes quiet, maybe hes not outgoing as some of the people in a Canadian market would like, but hes a great teammate. Hes well liked by everybody in our room." Forward Joffrey Lupul, who is also signed to a long-term deal with the Leafs, applauded the signing. "Obviously, everyones excited," said Lupul. "Hes certainly our most talented player and his games come a long way since Ive been here. "Ive got to see him involved as a player and as a person and its nothing but good news to have him locked up long term." Lupul is signed for the next five seasons at $5.25 million per year. Toronto also recently signed free agent David Clarkson for seven years at $5.52 million annually along with centre Tyler Bozak for five years with a $4.2-million annual cap hit. There are several other players due to become unrestricted free agents next July, including team captain Dion Phaneuf. Nonis said he would look at getting other players signed, but was in no hurry. "We address everybody individually," he said. "I wouldnt say were going to have a monthly announcement on signing free agents." Kessel was suspended for the final three games of the pre-season after he slashed Buffalo Sabres tough guy John Scott in a game last month. The Leafs also said Tuesday that James Reimer will start in goal against the Canadiens, with off-season acquisition Jonathan Bernier as his backup. "Its good,"said Reimer. "You always want to be the guy that starts it off." When the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season began in January, Reimer was passed over for the opening night starting job in favour of Ben Scrivens. ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 5 anos

The movement, dubbed UNICO HUB1213, retains its automatic Replica omega watches winding system, but the rotor has been redesigned so that Fake Rolex its silhouette features triangular elements from the Sang Bleu logo. This revamped Unico caliber Replica Watches is composed of 255 parts, including 28 jewels, Rolex Replica and stores a 72-hour power reserve.

volskygge, há 4 anos