notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

Not everyone responds the same way to a given training plan

yesilm, há 8 anos

Not everyone responds the same way to a given training plan. In recent years, that longstanding observation has been put on a scientific footing, with studies showing that certain gene variants can predict Nike Air Max 1 Dames whether you’re a “high responder,” “low responder,” or—if you’re really unlucky—a “non-responder” to different types of training.

But is it really true Brandon Bolden Jersey that some people simply don’t respond to exercise? That’s the impression you might have taken away, for example, from the BBC documentary The Truth About Exercise a few years ago. After following a high-intensity interval training program for four weeks under the direction of researchers, the host’s aerobic fitness didn’t improve: "It turns out that the genetic test they had done on me had suggested I was a non-responder and however much exercise I had done, and of whatever form, my aerobic fitness would not have improved,” the host reported.

There’s more to this story, though, according to a new study by Robert Ross and his colleagues at Queen’s University in Canada, recently UGGs Outlet published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings. The researchers put 121 sedentary, obese adults through 24 weeks of exercise, five times a week. The subjects were divided Nike Air Max 90 Homme into three groups:

LALI: low-amount, low-intensity (31.2 minutes per workout, 50 percent of VO2 max, i.e. moderate walking)
HALI: high-amount, low-intensity (57.9 minutes per workout, 50 percent of VO2 max)
HAHI: high-amount, high-intensity (39.7 minutes per workout, 75 percent of VO2 max, i.e. brisk walking)

Here’s how the individual responses for aerobic fitness looked after four weeks, with non-responders (those whose fitness didn’t change by more than the precision of the measurement) highlighted on the left side:

This suggests that, in this sample at least, there weren’t really any “non-responders” as long as you exercised hard enough for long Womens Barbour Jackets enough. And again, “hard enough” in this study involved brisk walking, though the threshold is probably higher for younger and fitter nike air max 90 womens subjects.

Whether these results will turn http://www.opsm.co.uk out to be true for other populations and health measures (e.g. blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol in addition to aerobic fitness) remains to be seen. But I think the results are an important corrective to the idea that exercise just “doesn’t work” for some people. It’s certainly true that some get more bang for their exercise buck than others; that’s not particularly fair, but it doesn’t seal your fate if you’re willing to push a little harder.

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

The watchs 45-mm case is made of satin-finished Replica Breitling and polished titanium and is engraved with Büchi’s signature Replica Watches geometric lines and shapes. The design motif continues seamlessly into the black calfskin strap, which is sewed Replica tag heuer watches onto rubber and hot-stamped in a gradient from black to gray. Replica hublot watches The rubber interior of the strap is also engraved with a Sang Bleu logo

volskygge, há 4 anos