notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

eligible for the Chase under the new rules

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

UNIONDALE, N.Y. - This weekend version of New York, New York could cost the Columbus Blue Jackets the playoff spot they are desperate to grab. The Blue Jackets gave everything they had at home in a loss to the playoff-hopeful New York Rangers on Friday night and followed it up with a disheartening 2-0 defeat on Sunday to the New York Islanders, who are just playing out the string. "Its the NHL. The other team is paid to play, too," defenceman Jack Johnson said. "There is no easy teams. Nobody took them lightly, nobody didnt understand the gravity of the situation, we just didnt score a goal." Evgeni Nabokov made 41 saves in his 58th NHL shutout, and Travis Hamonic scored a coast-to-coast, power-play goal in the second period to pace the Islanders, who are third to last in the Eastern Conference. Columbus had a total of 24 shots in the first two periods and then fired 17 in a desperate final frame when the Blue Jackets had four of their six power plays. "If you cant come and push yourself every night, go do putt-putt or something," Johnson said. "Everyone tried. We knew how important this one was. I cant question anyones effort. It was just a tough game." The Blue Jackets power play has gone 0 for 35 the past nine games. They will have to get better over the final 11 games, starting with a key home matchup on Tuesday against Detroit, which is neck and neck with Columbus in the playoff race. Columbus, which has dropped to fifth in the Metropolitan Division, has fallen out of an Eastern Conference playoff position. The Blue Jackets have lost three of four. "These points are huge right now," centre Ryan Johansen said. "Against a team like the Islanders, who are playing spoiler right now, its very frustrating. Weve got to learn from it but we cant dwell on this." Nabokov got the best of Russian counterpart Sergei Bobrovsky in their third meeting this season and posted his third shutout in this campaign. It was just the Islanders second regulation win ever over the Blue Jackets. Cal Clutterbuck also scored for the Islanders, who bounced back from a 6-0 loss to Minnesota on Tuesday and finished a 2-2 homestand. "We were playing hard for our fans. We worked hard and we found a way to win," Nabokov said. "We knew they were playing a third game in four (days) and we wanted to make it tough for them." Bobrovsky made 30 saves before he was pulled for an extra skater with 1:50 left as Columbus began its final power play. "There is no time to rant and rave," forward Brandon Dubinsky said. "Weve got to be ready to go for our next game. "We certainly need to be a lot better than we were today." Hamonic gave the Islanders struggling power play a lift with a stunning, end-to-end rush up the middle of the ice that produced his second goal of the season with just 51.7 seconds left in the middle period. The defenceman started from behind his net and skated alone on a straight line toward the centre ice logo. He eluded R.J. Umberger in the neutral zone, carried the puck across the blue line and then snapped a shot from the slot over Bobrovskys left shoulder for his first goal since Oct. 29 — a span of 45 games. "I was glad to get that scoring chance and finish it," Hamonic said. "Nice to chip in offensively, but I work to bring a defence presence first. "I was just fortunate to get my feet moving and score." New York had two failed power plays earlier in the second. The first generated little as the Islanders couldnt get organized. The second produced several potential scoring chances, including a seemingly open net for Frans Nielsen to shoot at, but his drive from the right circle hit the outside of the net. The Islanders took a 1-0 lead when Clutterbuck scored his 10th goal just eight seconds after serving a roughing penalty. Johan Sundstrom, in his fourth career NHL game, swung behind the Columbus net and attempted to score on a wraparound at the left post. The puck caromed in front to Nielsen, who nudged it into the slot to Clutterbuck for a shot that beat Bobrovsky with 6:34 left in the first. It was the first career point for Sundstrom, who made his debut on March 14. NOTES: The Islanders only other regulation win over the Blue Jackets since Columbus joined the NHL for the 2000-01 season was a 4-0 home victory on Dec. 23, 2006. ... The Blue Jackets fell to 11-2-4 against the Islanders and 4-2-2 at Nassau Coliseum. ... Hamonic has 12 goals in 241 career NHL games. ... New York announced after the game it agreed to terms on a one-year extension with LW Eric Boulton. http://www.nfljerseyschinacheap.us.com . -- The Erie Otters won their eighth straight game with a four-goal outburst in the third en route to an 8-4 win over the Sarnia Sting in Ontario Hockey League play Saturday. nfljerseyschinacheap.us.com . The 25-year-old Spaniard, who joined United from Chelsea in January, scored twice, including directly from a free kick, to take his tally to three goals in his last two games. "I think he has made us better," United manager David Moyes said. http://www.nfljerseyschinacheap.us.com/. -- Kyle Blanks homered in his home debut at the Coliseum and Derek Norris capped Oaklands five-homer day with a grand slam and the Athletics snapped a season-long four-game losing streak with a 10-0 win over the Detroit Tigers on Monday. nfljerseyschinacheap . -- San Francisco Giants second baseman Marco Scutaro says he will begin the season on the disabled list.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Its been 10 years since a driver last attempted running both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day, a feat so grueling that only Tony Stewart has successfully completed all 1,100 miles. Now Kurt Busch wants to give "the double" a try and he will have cars capable of winning both races. He said Tuesday he will attempt to make the Indianapolis 500 in a fifth entry for Andretti Autosport. Should he make the May 25 race, Busch would then fly to Charlotte Motor Speedway to fulfil his full-time job with Stewart-Haas Racing -- a team co-owned by Stewart -- in NASCARs longest event of the year. "Im a fan of motorsports, a student of motorsports, and I view this as a challenge for myself," Busch said in an interview with The Associated Press. "Memorial Day weekend, the central focus of all motorsports is Monaco, Indianapolis and Charlotte and this is a tremendous opportunity to be right in the middle of it." Only John Andretti, Stewart and Robby Gordon have attempted the "double," and no driver has tried since Gordon in 2004. "Welcome to the club!" Gordon posted on his Twitter account. Stewart, Buschs new co-owner at Stewart-Haas, is the only driver to complete the double. He did it in his second and final attempt, in 2001, when he finished sixth at Indy and third at Charlotte. An Indiana native who grew up dreaming of winning the Indianapolis 500, Stewart long ago abandoned that goal and passed on an offer last year from Roger Penske to drive one of his cars in the 2013 Indianapolis 500. But Stewart has given Busch his blessing. "Its a great opportunity for Kurt and I fully support him," Stewart said Tuesday. "Hell have a lot to learn in a short amount of time, but he has an overwhelming amount of driving talent on his side. He has a great car owner with Michael Andretti, whos not only an owner, but hes been a driver too. "Michael has so much to offer Kurt in terms of knowledge and firsthand experience. It really seems like a natural pairing." Buschs attempt comes at a much different time than when Gordon and Stewart last tried to run both races. Social media didnt exist a decade ago, and Busch plans to utilize every avenue possible to let fans follow along with his attempt. On Tuesday, he even launched a website -- http://www.kurtbuschdouble.com -- that is expected to chronicle his efforts. "I think this is something that is good for NASCAR, good for IndyCar, good for the fans to get behind and really feel like they are part of," Busch said. "There was no social media, or the means for fans to get an in-depth look at what goes into the double when the others tried it. We think weve got an opportunity to make people feel like they are part of the experience with me." Busch first flirted with the idea last May when he completed the Indy 500 rookie orientation program with Andretti. He didnt put a program together to run the 500, and said hes second-guessed that decision at times. "I took the conservative route and sometimes I kick myself because Carlos Munoz finished second as a rookie in that car last year," Busch said. "So now Im challenging myself to do something great in motorsports." Andretti will unveil the car and primary sponsor for Busch at a later date. "Im really excited to have Kurt come onboard for the Indy 500. He did a great job for us when he tested last year," Andretti said. "Hes obviously a natural talent and we feel he is going to take to the Indy car quickly and have a competitive month with us." Busch, an advocate for The Armed Forces Foundation who is dedicating his effort to the men and women in the U.S. military, will bring at least two personal ssponsors.dddddddddddd Cessna has signed on to help with his transportation between IndyCar and NASCAR, and Busch estimates it will require at least 20 hours of flight time shuttling him back and forth between both series. Hes also teamed with Basis, a wrist-based health tracker Busch is using to help with his training leading up to the double. Busch has also taken up martial arts and joked hes entered "a boot camp phase" of his personal training. "You can get your body ready, and do all the cardio needed and follow the nutritional guidelines," he said. "But the mental aspect of running 1,100 miles is like nothing you can prepare for. I think the martial arts can help with that." He said hes spoken to Stewart, as well as former Penske teammates Helio Castroneves and Sam Hornish Jr., and Juan Pablo Montoya, who left NASCAR to drive for Penske in IndyCar this season, about his venture. Castroneves, Hornish and Montoya are all former Indy 500 winners. "All of them have given me great support and told me, You can do this," Busch said. Indeed, three-time winner Castroneves welcomed Busch to the field: "Congrats on the #indy500, see u there!!" he tweeted. Busch will not participate in an IndyCar race before the Indy 500, but president of competition Derrick Walker said last month the series would try to accommodate him with track time much the same way it has Montoya, who has received additional testing time in his preparation for the season. "To add a driver with the resume of Kurt Busch to the Indianapolis 500 field is a huge gain for IndyCar," Walker said. "We want to see the best 33 drivers put their skills to the test on the biggest stage in motorsports, regardless of which series they come from. To attempt the double is a tremendous challenge, and were looking forward to watching Kurt accomplish the feat." Buschs path to the Indy 500 will begin in earnest after the May 10 Sprint Cup race at Kansas. Hes expected to spend a week testing Andrettis Honda, and make at least 10 trips between Indy and Charlotte as he participates in NASCARs All-Star race and attempts to qualify for the 500, race in the 500 and the 600. He said hes worked out several scheduling issues with NASCAR and has permission from Charlotte Motor Speedway to helicopter onto the frontstretch of the track to speed up his arrival for the second race. Busch won the Coca-Cola 600 -- which is a full 100 miles longer than any other race on the NACAR schedule -- in 2010. "As a past Coca-Cola 600 champion, Kurt Busch knows what a test of endurance 600 miles can be. To race 1,100 is nearly impossible," said Charlotte Motor Speedway president Marcus Smith. "To even attempt this takes a lot of guts. Fans will appreciate this effort, and I know theyll be as excited as I will, watching the clock to see if he can make it to Charlotte in time for our green flag." Charlotte officials said theyll track Buschs journey from Indianapolis on their massive big screen video board in the infield of the speedway so fans can follow and anticipate his arrival. But if he wins the 500, Busch knows hell be late to Charlotte -- if he makes it all. However, NASCARs new Chase for the Sprint Cup championship format means all Busch has to do this year is win a race to earn a spot in the 16-driver Chase, and he can afford to miss the start of the 600 and not jeopardize his regular job. "As long as we attempt to qualify for every race, we are eligible for the Chase under the new rules," Busch said. "Its like you are in New York City, on Broadway, and you look up at all the bright lights -- they are clearly pointing to this being the right time to do this. The green light is on." cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

The BB FTC is powered by Replica rolex daytona in house HUB 1241 Unico movement, which is designed, developed, machined and assembled by the micro mechanical engineers, Omega Replica engineers and watchmakers at Hublot. The Unico stands as a testamentFake breitling watches, to Hublots determination to achieve manufacture status. As we will see,Replica Watch Hublot designs, develops and manufactures other components in this watch

volskygge, há 4 anos