notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

ks ago doctors told him the injury w

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Cliff Lee said he had just about everything going for him Thursday -- except for Toronto slugger Jose Bautista. "Take Bautista out of the game and it was really good," the Phillies left-hander after striking out seven over six innings in the Philadelphia Phillies 2-0 loss to the Blue Jays. Bautista had a pair of doubles and scored Torontos first run. "Hes a good hitter," Lee said. "Hes really good at picking up sequences on what youre trying to do to him. Both the hits he got were really good pitches. Ill take both of them all day. Lee survived the first inning, striking out the side, two strikeouts coming after Kelly Johnson singled and Bautista doubled to right. But in the fourth Bautista stole third after his leadoff double and Adam Lind singled him home. Lee threw 75 pitches, 53 for strikes, over his six innings. "I felt good. ... I felt I couldve kept going easy but ... I want to build up and get headed in the right direction," he said. "Im just trying to get my pitches where I want to be, to be able to throw any pitch in any count. Im just locating my pitches. Its really that simple." He said he was throwing for contact, not for strikeouts. But the swings and misses by the Blue Jays "says youve got some deception and, for the most part, throwing strikes that are hard to hit. Im not trying to strike anybody out. It just happens." The Blue Jays other run came in the eighth when centre fielder Scott Podsednik misplayed Travis Sniders flyball and Kelly Johnson doubled to right. Torontos Brandon Morrow outpitched Lee, giving up one hit, a single by Carlos Ruiz with one out in the fifth, and a pair of second-inning walks. He threw 59 pitches in five innings. "Thats something that I set out to do, was to improve my pitches per inning and go deeper in games," Morrow said. "Its definitely encouraging, I had to go down to the bullpen to throw 15 more to get my pitch count up. "Im thinking through at-bats and watching the way (hitters are) reacting to balls and calling a little bit more of my own game," he said. "All positives." The Phillies had four hits in all and got only two runners as far as third base en route to their third spring shutout loss. "Every day youve got to hit," Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said, sounding not the least bit perturbed. " I put stock in it every ... day -- spring training, Little League, it dont matter. Every day. Thats why we come (to spring training). We dont come to get shut out, but it happens sometimes but well come back and try to do better." NOTES: Phillies third baseman Placido Polanco, out since Saturday with a sprained left ring finger, took batting practice and Manuel said he could be back in the lineup "over the next couple of days, hopefully two or three days. Hes close." ... Blue Jays third baseman Brett Lawrie may return to the lineup Saturday against the visiting Braves, manager John Farrell said. Lawrie is recovering from tightness in his left groin that caused him to leave last Fridays game against Tampa Bay. ... The Phillies will start Vance Worley (1-1, 1.80 ERA) Friday against Hiroki Kuroda (1-1, 4.00) and the visiting Yankees split squad. ... Brett Cecil (3-0, 0.90) will start Friday for Toronto against David Price (0-0, 5.40) for the host Rays at Port Charlotte. Tim Brown Jersey . Louis is going to get a chance to represent his country at the Winter Olympics after all. Howie Long Jersey . Ames was unanimously named for induction into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame on Wednesday, becoming the 74th member of the countrys golfs shrine. http://www.raidersproshop.us.com/Womens-Justin-Tuck-Authentic-Jersey/. 8 exhibition game marking the leaders birthday. Rodman said the game is on track despite the recent execution of Kims uncle in a dramatic political purge. Rodmans visit comes less than a week after North Korea announced the execution of Jang Song Thaek, an unprecedented fall from grace for one of the most powerful figures in the country. Lester Hayes Jersey . Brandon Triche added 16 points, seven rebounds and two steals for the Orange (17-0, 4-0 Big East), who started 18-0 last season before dropping their first game. C.J. Fair donated 13 points and eight boards for Syracuse, which got 12 points and seven assists from Dion Waiters. Fred Biletnikoff Jersey . Jarome Iginla and Zdeno Chara each had two goals, Tuukka Rask made 25 saves and the Bruins beat the Philadelphia Flyers 6-1 Saturday. CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears agreed to a one-year contract with former Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff, hoping he can boost their struggling line once hes ready to play. Agent Mark Slough confirmed the move Saturday, and the team announced the deal a few hours later. Slough said Ratliff will join the team sometime next week and should be ready to play in two to four weeks. A four-time Pro Bowl pick, Ratliff is joining a struggling defensive line. He also is getting a fresh start after being released by Dallas in mid-October. The Cowboys said at the time that he failed a physical after spending the first six weeks of the season on the physically unable to perform list. Ratliff missed the last six games of 2012 with a groin injury that required surgery and never practiced for Dallas this season. Slough said Ratliff was cleared by the surgeon a few weeks ago and his client is "good to go." He just has to "get over that last 10, 15 per cent." That probably cant happen soon enough for the Bears, who struggled right from the start to generate pressure and then got hit hard by injuries. Even so, Slough said the team wont rush Ratliff. "The Bears are going to be patient," he said. "Its more about getting him ready and right." The Bears (4-3) have dropped three of four and are trying to keep pace with Green Bay and Detroit in the tough NFC North. They visit the Packers on Monday night and will likely have to get by at least for the next few weeks without quarterback Jay Cutler (torn groin muscle) and star linnebacker Lance Briggs (small fracture in the left shoulder), who were injured in a loss at Washington on Oct.dddddddddddd 20. Losing their most important players on offence and on defence were just the latest blows for Chicago. The Bears are allowing 391 yards per game and have a league-low nine sacks. They lost defensive tackle Henry Melton, his replacement Nate Collins and middle linebacker D.J. Williams to season-ending injuries, forcing some shuffling in the rotation. Other players such as cornerback Charles Tillman and nose tackle Stephen Paea have been banged up, but Chicago was struggling up front even before the injuries started to mount. Defensive end Julius Peppers has hardly resembled the dominant force the team needs him to be. Now, the Bears are hoping the 32-year-old Ratliff can provide a spark once hes ready. Ratliff made the Pro Bowl in 2011, but missed 10 games last year. A sprained ankle kept him out of the first four, and then came the groin problem. The Cowboys said he had sports hernia surgery and expected him to be ready in 2013, but Slough said a few weeks ago doctors told him the injury was much more serious and could take up to a year to heal. He described the injury as muscles tearing away from bones in the pelvic area. Ratliff also was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in January after his injury-riddled 2012 season, just weeks after teammate Josh Brent was charged with intoxication manslaughter following a car accident that killed practice squad player Jerry Brown. ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

Of course, the wildly unconventional time Replica Rolex display of the Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu necessitated a substantial overhaul Fake Watches of Hublots manufacture Unico caliber, which stripped it of its integrated Replica tag heuer watches chronograph function and added the three skeletonized, octagonal disks for the time indication

volskygge, há 4 anos