notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

on his back nine to cl

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

(SportsNetwork. Carson Tinker Jersey .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. The New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils clash at the famous ballpark in the continuation of the NHLs "Stadium Series" looking to continue pushes for playoff positioning. These Metropolitan Division rivals are set to engage in the third outdoor game on the NHLs 2013-14 schedule. The Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings got things started with the Winter Classic on New Years Day at Michigan Stadium, won in a shootout 3-2 by the Leafs, and the Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings met on Saturday night at Dodger Stadium. The Ducks blanked the Kings 3-0 in a game that featured a temperature of 62 degrees at opening faceoff. Things are expected to be much cooler in New York, where the Rangers will also serve as the road team on Wednesday against the New York Islanders at Yankee Stadium. "I guess the conditions (Sunday) are supposed to be ideal except its going to be a little cool. Lets go, lets bundle up and lets go play some hockey," said Blueshirts coach Alain Vigneault. The Rangers hope the shift in venues can help them solve the Devils for the first time this season. They are 0-2-1 versus New Jersey after winning three of the four meetings last season. The Devils have won five of their last seven as the home team against the Blueshirts and will be making their outdoor debut. The Rangers, meanwhile, visited the Philadelphia Flyers and Citizens Bank Park in the 2012 Winter Classic, winning 3-2. Brad Richards had the game winner and he is the only current Ranger who has scored a goal in a regular-season outdoor game. Devils forward Michael Ryder is set to tie a record by playing in his third regular-season outdoor game, having played for Montreal in the 2003 Heritage Classic and for Boston in the 2010 Winter Classic. He had an assist on Richard Zedniks goal in the Canadiens 4-3 win over Edmonton in 2003, the first ever goal scored in a regular-season outdoor game. The Rangers are looking to avoid a third straight setback, having dropped back-to-back contests following a 7-1-1 stretch. Still, New York has vaulted into second place in the division thanks to the run, while New Jersey is just one point back of the eight spot in the Eastern Conference after going 5-1-3 in its past nine games. The Rangers were last in action on Thursday, dropping a 2-1 decision to the St. Louis Blues despite Rick Nashs 10th goal in 10 games. He scored with 1:43 to go in the second period, but also took a slashing call to give the Blues a power play, and St. Louis cashed in with Kevin Shattenkirks game-winner. "The difference was the power play," Vigneault remarked. "We had an advantage at the beginning of the third. We didnt get anything off it. Their power play did what theyve done very effectively this year. Right off the draw they established a shot. Within a few seconds they take the shot, they score." Henrik Lundqvist, who missed Tuesdays loss to the New York Islanders because of illness, finished with 23 saves in the setback, which featured the Ranger debut of defenseman Kevin Klein. He was acquired a day earlier from Nashville in exchange for blueliner Michael Del Zotto. Nash will try to stay hot in the cold weather, having scored six times during a four-game goal streak. He had netted just seven goals in his previous 26 games before his current 10-goals-in-10-games run. Lundqvist, who made 34 saves to beat the Flyers in the 2012 Winter Classic, will start for the Rangers and is 28-14-6 with a 1.89 goals against average and seven shutouts in 48 career games with the Devils. He has started all three setbacks this season. The Devils will be trying to win a third straight game and are coming off a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals on Friday. Cory Schneider made 30 saves and the Devils got goals from Adam Henrique and Stephen Gionta. Jaromir Jagr had two assists to give him 1,033 in his career, tied with former teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the all-time list. Schneider moved to 5-1-2 in his last eight starts dating back to Dec. 28 with a 0.96 GAA and .961 save percentage. "Cory has given us great goaltending," Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said. "He was the difference." Despite that run of success, DeBoer will start Devils icon Martin Brodeur in this outdoor event, a decision that Schneider said following the win over the Caps that he would be okay with. "Its a pretty special game and Martys been a big part of this (franchise) and gotten a lot of wins for us this year," Schneider said. "Whether (DeBoer) picks him or me, I dont think it changes the way we feel about it or how we play it. We both trust each other and respect the way were playing." Brodeur is set to make his 100th career regular-season start versus the Rangers and is 49-30-5 against them lifetime with 15 ties, nine shutouts and a 2.13 GAA. He has beaten them twice in two starts this season. "It really is an easy decision from a right thing to do perspective. I mean, you know, his career, 20 years with the Devils, what hes done, and also hes played some excellent hockey for us this year," said DeBoer of starting Brodeur. Added Brodeur, "I would have accepted it one way or the other. They decided to go with me. So were in a situation that sometimes we get these games that mean a lot to different people for different reasons. And I guess they felt it meant a lot to me and they put me in." Ziggy Hood . Now shes ready to make waves in the U.S. Pace shot a 3-under 68 on Saturday to grab a share of the third-round lead with Laura Diaz in the Marathon Classic. She can barely express what a breakthrough win on the LPGA Tour might bring. Justin Blackmon Authentic Jersey . -- Chris Wondolowski scored his 10th goal of the season and the San Jose Earthquakes made it stand for a 1-0 victory against the Colorado Rapids on Wednesday.HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. -- Luke Donald believes hes got the right game on the right course -- and is ready to make up for so many near-misses at the RBC Heritage. Donald had an eagle and six birdies to shoot 66 on Saturday and take a two-stroke lead over John Huh after three rounds at Harbour Town Golf Links. The Englishman has done just about everything on Harbour Town the past five times hes played -- except win. He fell in a playoff to Brandt Snedeker here in 2011, part of a run of four top-3 finishes since at the tricky, Pete Dye design. Now, hell carry the lead into the final day and is ready to make it stand up on Sunday. "If I can go out as relaxed and confident as I was today tomorrow," he said. "If I can control the trajectory (of shots) as well as I did today, then hopefully Ill be sitting here as the winner." It has been a long time since Donald has been able to say that. Once the worlds top-ranked golfer, Donald has changed coaches and the transition back to the top has not come as quickly as planned. The last of his five PGA Tour wins came in 2012, his best showing this year was a tie for fourth at the Valspar Championship last month and he was quickly bounced at the Masters after shooting 79-70. Donald acknowledged he has grown anxious waiting to win again. "I was the former world No. 1 and was there for a long time and obviously slipped down," said Donald, currently 29th. "But I havent felt my game had gotten that much worse." Certainly not at Harbour Town. Donalds round got started with a 25-footer for eagle on the par-5 second hold. He added four more on the next six holes. Donald then tied leader Nicholas Thompson with a birdie on the 14th before stretching his lead with a final one by rolling in a 15-foot putt on the par-3 17th. Donald nearly closed with a flourish when his approach on the closing, lighthouse hole nearly landed in the cup on the fly before bouncing to the edge and settling for par. Donalds not the longest hitter on tour and said some layouts are dragons he cant slay. "But this one I feel like I can plot my way around with low wedges," he said. "If you miss greens, you need to be pretty good at the short game. Certainly a course that favours my style of play." Huh shot a 68 and was at 6 under. Major champions Charl Schwartzel (68) and Jim Furyk (71), Nicholas Thompson (68) and Ben Martin (71) were tied for third at 5 under. Cecil Shorts III. Matt Kuchar, ranked sixth in the world, shot 70 as part of a group of five golfers another shot back at 4 under. Donalds performance capped a long day at soggy Harbour Town, where 65 golfers had to finish the second round before the third could begin with K.J. Choi, Furyk and Ben Martin tied for the lead. But by midafternoon, the moisture had softened things and competitors were treated to slick greens easily accepting approach shots. At times, it looked more like a local club shootout than a PGA Tour stop. Thompson, whose sister Lexi won her first LPGA Tour major at the Kraft Nabisco Championship earlier this month, got things going with five birdies on the front nine to lead at 7 under. But bogeys at the 16th and 18th holes dropped him back into the group at 208. Schwartzel, the 2011 Masters champion, was among those with an early start and jumped into the chase with a third-round 68 to move to 5 under. He said the course held up well despite more than 2 1/2 inches of rain that fell here Friday. Schwartzel has not won on the PGA Tour since his surprising run to the green jacket, when he birdied the final four holes. "I think if I can continue the ball striking and giving myself chances, I can make a few (birdies) tomorrow and give it a shot," he said. Furyk, the 2010 winner at Harbour Town, made birdie on his second hole to take the lead at 6 under. He failed to build on that hot start, but held on to stay in the hunt. The craziest day might have belonged to Kuchar, the highest-ranked player competing at Harbour Town after the seasons first major. He followed his fifth-place showing at the Masters last week with a strong bogey-free 66 on Thursday to take the lead. Things went the other way quickly Friday, with Kuchar posting a pair of double bogeys before the rains came and suspended play. Kuchar struggled some more with a bogey on the eighth hole once he restarted Saturday. Then he made four birdies on his back nine to climb back in it. Kuchar has finished fifth or better in his past three events and has a chance to do it again at Harbour Town. "To be playing some good golf and be in contention is fun," he said. "Im excited to have my fourth shot at trying to take a title." ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 5 anos

Of course, the wildly unconventional time Replica Rolex display of the Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu necessitated a substantial overhaul Fake Watches of Hublots manufacture Unico caliber, which stripped it of its integrated Replica tag heuer watches chronograph function and added the three skeletonized, octagonal disks for the time indication

volskygge, há 4 anos