notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

t Wimbledon last summer in a matc

gdl06285035, há 9 anos

KINGSTON, Jamaica -- A Jamaican disciplinary panel on Thursday banned former 100-meter world record holder Asafa Powell from athletics for 18 months after the veteran sprinter tested positive for a banned stimulant last June. In the sprinting powerhouses capital of Kingston, the head of the three-member panel of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission said its decision was unanimous after examining the "voluminous nature of the evidence." "In all the circumstances, Mr. Powell was found to be negligent, and he was at fault," said commission chairman Lennox Gayle, adding the panel would issue a written statement explaining its decision in about a month. Powells backdated ban begins from the date of his sample collection on June 21, 2013 during national trials for the world championships. That means hes eligible to return to competition on Dec. 20, about a month after he turns 32. Once the top sprinter on the track, Powell lowered the world record in the 100 to 9.77 in 2005, then 9.74 in 2008 before being eclipsed by countryman Usain Bolt. Powell was the Jamaican athlete who first put Jamaicas dominating athletics prowess on centre stage in the 21st century. But unlike Bolt, he could never win the big one. The 31-year-old sprinter tested positive for the banned stimulant oxilofrone at Jamaicas national trials last June. Hed been suspended from competition since his doping case was disclosed in July. Powell did not attend the Thursday session, but he issued a statement through his publicist saying his defence team will appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. He described the ruling as "not only unfair, it is patently unjust." Like former teammate Sherone Simpson, a three-time Olympic medallist who tested positive for the same stimulant at the national trials in June, Powell placed the blame on a newly-hired trainer who provided the two athletes with supplements, including one called "Epiphany D1" which lab tests later showed to contain oxilofrone. "I have never knowingly taken any banned substances, I did all the necessary checks before taking Epiphany D1 and it is my hope that the CAS will prove to be a more open and fair avenue for the review of all the facts in my case," Powell said in his Thursday statement. During hearings earlier this year, Powell testified that he received nine supplements from Canadian physiotherapist Christopher Xuereb, including Epiphany D1. Powell said he started taking the capsules in early June after he and a friend researched the supplement for up to six hours online and found no prohibited substances. But Xuereb has said he never gave Powell or Simpson any performance-enhancing drugs and only purchased major brand vitamins. In July, he asserted to The Associated Press that both athletes were looking for a scapegoat. Xuereb once worked at the Toronto clinic run by Anthony Galea, a sports physician who pleaded guilty to bringing unapproved and mislabeled drugs into the U.S. for house calls. On the morning of the Jamaican trials, Powell said he took four capsules of Epiphany D1 at Xuerebs suggestion after previously taking two each morning. Powell ended up finishing in seventh place and failed to qualify for the world championships. The sprinter, who turned professional in 2002, raised eyebrows during his testimony in January when he said he wasnt acquainted with doping control rules. He also testified that he did not tell a doping control officer about all the new supplements hed been ingesting, only listing three on his declaration form, because he couldnt remember their names amid the excitement of the Jamaican trials. On Tuesday, Powells former teammate Simpson was also banned until Dec. 20 after testing positive for oxilofrone. Her 18-month ban also began from the sample collection date at Jamaicas national trials. She will appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). The two athletes, both represented by agent Paul Doyle, delivered nearly identical defences. The Jamaican disciplinary panel on Tuesday also issued a two-year ban for Olympic discus thrower Allison Randall, who is suspended until June 2015. Earlier this year, sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown was cleared of doping on appeal by CAS after testing positive for a banned diuretic at a Jamaican meet. The full reasons for the three-time Olympic gold medallist s exoneration have not yet been released, but CAS said the ruling was based on faulty sample collection. Adriano Jersey . Brandon Triche added 16 points, seven rebounds and two steals for the Orange (17-0, 4-0 Big East), who started 18-0 last season before dropping their first game. C.J. Fair donated 13 points and eight boards for Syracuse, which got 12 points and seven assists from Dion Waiters. Barcelona Jersey .com) - There was clearly no looking ahead for the U. http://www.barcelonateamshop.com/Pedro-Rodriguez-FC-Barcelona-Jersey.html. - Hall of Fame centre Bill Russell was arrested this week at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport after Transportation Security Administration officials found a loaded gun in his luggage. Sergio Busquets Jersey . The 32-year-old native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., said on his Twitter account that his knee was bothering him. Guay underwent knee surgery over the summer, then returned for the start of the World Cup season after an intensive rehab program. Dani Alves Barcelona . The squad is expected to be divided into 23 players with seven back-ups, although FIFA regulations require only a 30-man provisional squad to be named by May 13. MELBOURNE, Australia -- Montreals Eugenie Bouchard thinks about tennis all the time -- even when shes relaxing. The 19-year-old is preparing for the biggest match of her fledging career as she faces Ana Ivanovic in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open on Tuesday. Bouchard, whose WTA ranking is expected to rise as high as No. 21 after this tournament, will face a tough test in Ivanovic, a former No. 1 and 2008 French Open champion. Despite the daunting task, Bouchard has found some time to unwind. "Right now Im watching Heart of Dixie on my computer," said Bouchard on Monday. "But I do enjoy watching tennis at night, Of course, its tennis. But to me its still watching as a fan, its entertaining. "I love tennis, its my life. So thinking about tennis all the time is kind of what I do. I dont really try to get away from it too much. Once in a while, yes -- but its my job." Bouchards main task along with coach Nick Saviano will be to break down the game of Ivanovic, who has not lost a match this season (9-0) and came to Melbourne with the Auckland title to hand. The 14th-seeded Serb is fresh from her knockout of top seed Serena Williams while Bouchard booked her place with a win over Australian Casey Dellacqua 6-7 (5), 6-2, 6-0 to become the first Canadian woman since Patricia Hy-Boulais at the 1992 U.S. Open to get this ffar at a major.dddddddddddd "She beat Serena so shes playing really well," Bouchard said of Ivanovic. "Im going to look forward to a really tough battle. Were in the quarters now, so she deserves to be there. No ones going to give it to me, so its going to be a good match." Bouchard had a tune-up day on Monday as the second week began, teaming with pick-up doubles partner Vera Dushevina against womens sixth seeds Cara Black of Zimbabwe and Indias Sania Mirza in the third round. Bouchard and Dushevina lost 6-4, 6-3. She did, however, make a strategic move and withdrew from mixed doubles with Australian Sam Groth to conserve strength and focus for the singles. Torontos Daniel Nestor and Serb partner Nenad Zimonjic bid for the mens quarter-finals against the ninth-seeded team of Polands Marius Frystenberg and Marcin Matkowski. Bouchard said that she is taking confidence into her match with Ivanovic after beating her at Wimbledon last summer in a match suddenly moved onto Centre Court. "I always expect a lot from myself. Every match I go on the court believing I can win," said Bouchard. "Just take it one match at a time. I just have a match in two days and Im just looking forward to that. "Ana is playing really well right now and she has a lot of confidence; it will be a really tough match." ' ' '

zakbowden5372, há 6 anos

El nuevo Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M ha Replicas de Relojes crecido un milímetro en su diámetro, pasando a 42. Relojes de Imitacion El bisel es cerámico con inserciones en ceragold o en esmalte blanco, Replicas Relojes lo que garantiza la permanencia del tono. También son cerámicas las nuevas esferas, con las formas ondulantes grabadas a láser. El reloj se ofrece con esfera azul, negro o gris

volskygge, há 4 anos