notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

esh dose of h

tujue, há 5 anos

PARIS Joe Smith Jersey , July 3 (Xinhua) -- A shooting in front of a mosque in the southeastern French city of Avignon slightly wounded eight people on Sunday night, media reports said.

Local prosecutor's office has ruled out terrorism.

"From what we know this evening, the mosque was not targeted. The fact that it happened in the street of the religious establishment was unconnected with it," the prosecutor was quoted as saying.

The La Provence newspaper reported on Monday that local police suspected the shooting was due to a dispute between young people.

Criminal investigation has started into the case.

Out of the wounded including a girl, four were shot outside the mosque while a family of four in their apartment some 50 meters away were hit by shrapnel, it was reported.

The newspaper report also quoted witnesses as saying that the shooting began at around 10:30 p.m. (2030 GMT) on Sunday when one of two gunmen with their faces covered opened fire as worshippers were leaving the mosque.

The two gunmen then fled the scene. They were among four hooded men in a car, the witnesses said.

The shooting comes after a 43-year-old Armenian man who was later found to have suffered from schizophrenia tried on Thursday to drive a car into a crowd of worshippers outside a mosque in the Paris suburb of Creteil, causing no injury.

The Paris incident has prompted Muslim officials to call on the authorities to strengthen security measures to protect places of Muslim worship.

Elsewhere in Europe, on June 19, a van attack against worshippers outside a mosque in London left one dead and 11 others injured.

Xi wraps up three-day Hong Kong trip

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo

Major Yangtze River tributary breaks record flood level

Triple bombings kill 8, wound 20 in Syria's Damascus

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo

In pics: sea of vervain in terraced fields in E China

Fireworks show held to mark HK's 20th return anniversary

Water level of Ganjiang River rises due to lasting rainstorm

by Christine Lagat

NAIROBI, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Kenyan Dorothy Ogutu has developed a thick skin in the last 14 years she has lived with the AIDS virus thanks to brazen discrimination from a society that associate the disease with pain, death and despair.

The 33-year-old mother of two was diagnosed with the AIDS virus at the age of 19 but is yet to give up on life despite a long struggle with opportunistic infections and financial strain.

Ogutu was among dozens of Kenyans living with the AIDS virus who graced the launch of a new generic first line HIV drug called Dolutegravir (DTG) that is expected to re-energize the war against a disease that affects 5.6 percent of the population and is responsible for 36,000 deaths in the country annually.

During an interview with Xinhua on the sidelines of the launch ceremony in Nairobi, Ogutu hailed the new HIV drug as a game changer in treatment of a disease that was discovered in Kenya three and a half decades ago.

"My journey as a HIV positive young mother has been marked with tragedies and triumphs. I have been on antiretroviral therapy for the last 14 years but at some point started developing side effects but am excited about the prospects of enrolling in a new treatment regimen," said Ogutu.

The trained community development worker has been advised by doctors to start taking DTG that is safe, efficacious and affordable to her peers in the low income bracket.

"I managed to swallow the DTG tablet this morning and feel rejuvenated. It is evident the viral load has plummeted and I hope to continue with this new treatment as per the doctors' recommendation," Ogutu told Xinhua.

Kenya's ministry of health in partnership with Unitaid, a global health initiative, launched the generic version of DTG that will be administered to 27,000 people living with HIVAIDS who have developed resistance to other treatment options.

It has been a drug of choice for people living with HIVAIDS in high income countries since 2013 and has been certified by global regulatory agencies after clinical trials indicated it has high levels of safety and efficacy.

Kenya became the first African country to introduce DTG that is expected to revolutionize treatment of 1.5 million people living with the AIDS virus.

Ogutu and her peers were upbeat the new HIV drug that will be available in public health facilities for free and will deliver them from the stranglehold of opportunistic infections and side effects linked to existing anti-retroviral(ARV) drugs.

"Regular hospital visits to seek treatment on liver and skin inflammation caused by the anti-retroviral therapy that was recommended by doctors when I was diagnosed with the AIDS virus will end once I accelerate uptake of DTG," said Ogutu.

Women comprise the bulk of Kenyans living with HIVAIDS thanks to socio-economic and cultural dynamics that increases their vulnerability to the disease.

Nevertheless, the women infected with the AIDS virus have found a new lease of life with the introduction of affordable and highly effective generic version of DTG in the country.

Wambui Nyoike, a middle aged community health worker and mother of two who has lived with HIV virus for the last 17 years, said that a new treatment regimen offers fresh dose of hope amid uncertainties linked to shrinking efficacy of other treatment options.

"I would recommend DTG to my colleagues who are struggling with a series of opportunistic infections that have undermined their productivity. Based on the Doctors' advice, am ready to start taking this pill immediately," said Wambui.

She vowed to raise awareness on the new HIV drug to her peers living with the virus in rural villages.

Kenyan health advocates hailed the introduction of a new HIV treatment pill, saying it will avert deaths while boo. Bradley Chubb Jersey Authentic Alex Smith Jersey Authentic Adam Thielen Jersey Authentic Aaron Rodgers Jersey Authentic Von Miller Jersey Tom Brady Kids Jersey Todd Gurley II Kids Jersey T. J. Watt Steelers Jersey Stefon Diggs Vikings Jersey Shaquem Griffin Seahawks Jersey

volskygge, há 4 anos