notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

longer training period

sweet, há 5 anos

Given carbohydrates are the body’s primary energy source, for runners, they are essential pre- and post-run fuel. “If you don’t have your energy in your system, you can’t hit those paces,” explains McGregor. “If I’ve not eaten well the day before – even [before] a run at an easy pace – then I really struggle. It takes 24 to 48 hours for carbohydrate to be turned into glycogen stores, so Adidas Superstar Womens Redthere’s no point in eating a bowl of porridge that morning, having had no carbs the night before and thinking you’re going to perform optimally. Because you’Adidas Gazelle Womens re not.”

McGregor points out that your diet – and your carbohydrate intake – should be dependent on your training goals. Runners with a high weekly training volume will have a greater demand for carbohydrates in their diets, given their high energy output. “Fuelling your body correctly will mean you benefit from your training, but it depends on what you’re training for,” she says. “If you’re running because you enjoy it and just want to do it three times a week, then having a slightly lower intake of carbohydrates every day is not a bad thing, but I would never cut it out. I recommend people take on a fist-sized portion at most meals and, if you’re doing a bit more, you might introduce some carb-based snacks. If you haveNothing beats the thrill of finishing a marathon. Nothing that is except… finishing an ultra marathon! And yet Nike Air Max 97 Womens many of us shy away from ultras because we erroneously believe that to do an ultra you have to be ultra-fast, ultra-hard – or ultra-crazy! I’m none of those things, and yet I’ve gone from being a multiple marathoner to doing two 89Ks (and completing 79km of my third attempt at this iconic South African race). So what’s my secret? Firstly I’d have to say, actually wanting to become an ultramarathoner. Secondly, convincing myself I could (many experts say that up to 80 per cent of ultra success is in the mind). And thirdly, being willing to put in a little bit more training than I did for my marathons.

UP YOUR MILEAGE SLOWLY
Ultras are anything longer than a marathon. So if you had a long walk to the station after a completing a marathon, you’ve already done an ultra! The different race lengths mean that far from having to do an Eddie Nike Air Max Tavas Mujer Izzard by signing up for the M2M Ultra, which involves running thelength of Ireland (344.5 miles) over 11 days in 32-mile stages, you can dip your toes in the ultra waters by doing a much shorter race such as the 30-mile Croydon Ultra first.

WHAT ABOUT EXTRA TRAINING?
If you enjoyed your marathon training, and fitted it into your life by running in your lunch-hour and during your commute, it shouldn’t take over your life. ‘If you’re doing a 30-mile ultra, for example, it’s only slightly longer than a marathon, so you don’t need to change much,’ says personal trainer and ultrarunner Ian Campbell/ ‘But, if you’re targeting a 40-, 50- or 60-miler then you need to have a solid marathon base and simply add several weeks of decent long runs. Aim to do one long, easy run of four to six hours combined with perhaps one or two semi-long runs Nike Air Max Classic BW Damen (10+ miles) per week plus speedwork and threshold runs to keep up the momentum.’

The rule of thumb is that the longer the distance, the longer training period you need, so for the 56-mile Comrades, Don Oliver, former Comrades Marathon coach and author of Make Sure Of Your Comrades Medal suggests a 21-week programme during which you run between 5K and 12K on five days a week and then do a longer run – anything from 15K to eventually 65K – on Sundays.

volskygge, há 4 anos
volskygge, há 3 anos

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо