notícias bbs artigos grupos / produções sobre

Adidas Adilette Slides Femme

sooo, há 5 anos

December 14, 2016 will go down as a black stain in the history books. To borrow a line from my man Franklin Delano Roosevelt – the undisputed GOAT of American presidents (my personal opinion of course, but I will not listen to anyone that argues the contrary) – it is “a day which will live in Nike Roshe Run Damen infamy,” not because Pearl Harbor has been attacked again, but because it marks the reissuing of the Nike Air Max 97.

This should never have been allowed to happen. Not because I have anything against the AM97 – quite the contrary, it is, alongside the Air Max 1, my favorite Nike shoe ever, and a number of my colleagues here at Highsnobiety share that sentiment. This could probably be Nike Air Max 2017 Womens scaled up to the wider sneakerhead community at large, and with good reason: it’s Nike Air Max 270 Donna a truly great shoe. But still, it’s one that shouldn’t have been reissued.

I have a sneaking suspicions that everybody reading this will disagree with me and aim some really derogatory comments my way, so let me explain my reasoning.

It’s easy to see why the Air Max 97 is so adored: it’s an incredible piece of design, one that takes its inspiration from high-speed Japanese Nike Air Max Thea Dames bullet trains. As a design school graduate myself, I was taught that this sort of outward-looking conceptualism is an essential component to truly iconic designs, and this might explain, in part, some of the sneaker’s relentless appeal.

Not only that, but the 97 is also utterly unique to the rest of the Air Max range, completely unlike the models that preceded it. Sure, it may be rooted in the 95, but an incredible amount of imagination has been invested into Nike Air Max 2017 Femme its design, and there’s nothing that feels lazy or imitative about it.

Putting over-intellectualized navel-gazing aside here for a second, it’s simply a good looking piece of footwear – much better than the recent Supreme x NikeLab Air Max 98, which is far too chunky and overly reminiscent of late ’90s skate shoes for my tastes. That’s even before you take into account Supreme’s Nike Air Vapormax Dames additions of faux snakeskin and patent leather, materials too closely associated to budget stripper attire for most people’s comfort.

The Air Max 97 may look immeasurably better than what Supreme and Nike recently offered us, but that still doesn’t justify a reissue, in my opinion.

It may not be a popular stance, but it’s one that I genuinely believe in. I’d love to own a pair of AM97s myself, but ignoring its aesthetic value, the main thing that I find Adidas NMD Womens so enchanting about the silhouette is how perfectly it reflects the era in which it was made.

Late ’90s futurism seeps from every stitch, and its metallic finish is so similar to other great designs of the era, like Sony’s MZ-E900 minidisc player. They look like they were made for one another, to match harmoniously as part of a single streamlined outfit. And this isn’t some mere Adidas Adilette Slides Femme coincidence, rather, it’s snapshot of a wider consciousness of the time, one that manifested itself physically in the products of that particular moment in history.

volskygge, há 4 anos
volskygge, há 3 anos

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт